20 November 2009

Integrity...A question of it.

I guess the question breaks down to this. If you place my integrity as a high priority in life, should you work for a company that has a very clear willingness to set aside integrity for a few dollars? I have a friend who brought this to me after he faced this and while there have not been any integrity violations that he knows of actually carried through, it often seems as if the only reason they weren't was implementation difficulties. A few time his supervisor has spoke up with moral objections, knowing that he had these objections as well. He has also overheard one of the executives say that he is not comfortable with lying to the customer, but then he have heard another more senior executive instructing the teams to lie to customers. So this leaves me in a lurch...do I suggest he look elsewhere for work or push for changes from the inside?

This is a situation many Christians face an a daily basis and I am hoping someone can help me with advising my friend. By the way I have made it a point to keep this very anonymous in case this question goes beyond this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment