14 October 2010

Warrior Dash... Warrior Spirit... God's Special Forces

What is it that God wants out of me? Does he want me to be 10 foot tall and bulletproof? No, he would have made me that way if he did. Does he want me to be a business or political leader? No, he'd have groomed me for that. Does he want me to be a special forces soldier? Kind of. Let me give some background on this.

I've been reading "Risk" by Kenny Luck. It about giving your life over to God. What is it that make a special operations soldier great? Its his willingness to put his job before anything else. Is he the fittest in the military? Nope, probably not. Is he the smartest in the military? Maybe, but that's not what got him his job. What got him where he is was his willingness to sacrifice and to die if necessary for the cause. So what does God want from his warriors?

God wants our 100% dedication to his cause. 25% doesn't work. 50% doesn't work. Even 75% isn't enough. He wants 100%. So what does this mean? It means different things to different men. The key is that everything you do must be done for God's glory. You have to get out and spread the Word.

What am I doing to be a member of God's Special Forces? Over the last year I have made huge changes in my life. I have taken my life in a new direction. I was going to school for theatre and planning on opening a Haunted House. Now I am finishing up a BA in Christian Studies, setting my sights on Seminary and feel called to Men's ministry. Along with this, I am getting back in shape. I have started Insanity, an intense cardio training program, and I am going to be running the Warrior Dash in November. I spend daily time in the Word and I invest in friends, family, and coworkers, even when they are resistant to it. God is a daily part of my life, and my life shows it. My wife and I are happier than we have ever been before. We are succeeding even when we don't know what we are doing.

So, living a life as a soldier in God's Special Forces isn't about getting out and starting am ministry. It's about making your life a ministry. Get out and make people ask you what it is about your life that is so great, and tell them. God gives us all skills that he uses for a special duty, and God uses you for those things he had prepared you for. Stop doubting him and go out and do his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment