15 September 2010

Warrior Dash

So it's official, I've signed up to run the Warrior Dash on November 20th down here in Austin. I'm running at 2:30 if anyone wants to join me and do the wild and crazy obstacles to share a beer with me afterwards. I'm running with a few from Crossroads and trying to recruit more.
So now here's the question. I'm planning on running painted up like a Celtic Warrior wearing a kilt. Think of Braveheart but my whole body will be blue. What I'm trying to figure out is how I can be a good steward of God's message while i run this race/challenge/dash/whatever. I could wear the cross necklace I have that's made out of nails, but that could be uncomfortable if it gets cockeyed during the wall climb or the mud crawl... so probably not. Anyone have any ideas that I could use to have fun and show that God's children can have just as much fun as unbelievers without going against his teachings? I figure that this could be a good opportunity to reach out to those that may not get reached out to.
Anyways, for those that want to see me do this, or those who want to join me, check out the Central Texas Warrior dash at warriordash.com

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! Maybe you could paint a cross on your back or something...

    ReplyDelete